Location : Chelmsford
Salary : 29,400
Vacancy type : Permanent
Vacancy ID : 46808
Our client is a leading facilities management company, providing various services nationwide. With their core values built around their beliefs, making a difference every day, empowering their teams, being resourceful and innovative and building positive relationships with a family spirit. They believe they offer a fantastic opportunity to join a growing and forward-thinking company.
What are we looking for?
- An experienced Landscaper/Garden & Ground Maintenance Operative, covering sites in Essex, you will be based from the Chelmford Depot. Ideally you will of previously maintained commerical grounds maitenance such as retail/shopping centres and communal areas for social housing and various.
- Someone who can work at least 48 hours per week in the summer and approx 40 in the winter. This is a 2352 hour contract.
- Full driving licence.
What is in it for you?
- £12.50 per hour for all hours worked.
- A company vehicle and fuel card.
- NOW Pension.
- Statutory Sick Pay.
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Additional 1 days holiday for your birthday week.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Enhanced paternity leave.
- Employee of the Month Awards.
- Yammer monthly lottery.
- Regular ad hoc monetary recognition.
- Paid DBS or SIA Vetting application.
- Access to free online training.
What will we expect in return?
- As a landscaper, you will conduct general ground maintenance duties across all sites managed, in line with the weekly rota as dictated by management.
- This is a full-time role covering all gardening duties, including mowing, edging, hedge trimming & weeding. As such, you must be flexible when it comes to working arrangements and sites covered.
- There will also be an element of basic handyman duties, including sign hanging, camera cleaning & basic reporting and as such we are looking for someone with a can do attitude, with you wanting to go above and beyond to exceed client expectations.
What do we need from you?
- Previous proven Landscaping & Grounds Maintenance experience.
- Full driving licence with 6 points or less
- Experience of using a range of garden tools & equipment.
- An excellent knowledge of H&S.
- Hold a Pa1 & Pa6 certification (preferred)
- Comfortable working outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- A great eye for detail, with high personal standards.
- Flexibility, reliability and the ability to deliver within the timescales given.
- A friendly and courteous approach.
- Punctuality and a desire to succeed.
- An ability to work autonomously, whilst ensuring your line manager is kept updated on progress.
Please quote 46808 when speaking with one of our consultants.