Location : Surrey
Salary : 35-39k DOE
Vacancy ID : 38657
Our Client is a multiple Gold Award winning company who have been trading for nearly 20 years. They require a highly experienced and self-motivated person with extensive landscape knowledge on a permanent basis. Ideally starting in 2 weeks time for a project in Virginia Water, Surrey.
The company have additional and various Designed Landscape projects commencing in the local and surrounding areas including Oxshott and Reigate. They boast an impressive team of soft and hard landscapers and seek an experienced Hard Landscaping Foreman to join their team.
The role involves driving and applicants must therefore have a full, clean driving licence, be capable of working on their own initiative and in collaboration with management to create top-end gardens. Although this is a hands-on role, the foreperson will be responsible for supervising team members, as well as agency staff when needed and sub-contractors.
- Brickwork, Use of laser level for setting out, height measurements etc
- Experience working with reclaimed York stonework as there is an area of 600sq meters to be covered.
- Ability to deal with management, clients and designers professionally and diplomatically
- Ability to instruct other staff clearly and efficiently.
- Extensive landscaping record
- Experience in working off plans and specifications
- Proven people management background
- Familiarity with health and safety policies and experience in implementing them
- Experience operating plant an advantage, e.g. excavators, dumpers.
- Crane work and safe lifting experience an advantage
- Good carpentry record, along with some knowledge of rendering and plumbing.
- To carry out general landscaping works and to supervise the day-to-day running of the site and its staff
- To liaise with the Contracts Manager regarding daily/weekly scheduling, ordering of materials etc. This will involve regular updates and meetings.
- To set out gardens and agree with Contracts Manager prior to work commencing
- To oversee and manage subcontractors
- To carry out all required Health and Safety checks, including Risk Assessments, Competence Forms, Vehicle H&S, Inductions etc
- To keep site diary and monitor staff to ensure correct admin, personnel and H&S procedures are being followed.
- Provision of Company van for business use
- Provision of Company mobile phone for business use
- Opportunity to participate in Company pension scheme
- Opportunity to participate in Company private health scheme
- Opportunity to participate in H&S training courses plus a wide range of other training courses to enhance skillset
Please quote 38657 when speaking with one of our consultants.